The production of electric vehicles is complex. Their development and production calls for specialist expertise and the additional material requirements (battery) make electric vehicles not only heavier but also a lot more expensive.
nanoFlowcell® technology promotes the reduction of system complexity, simplifies system integration and lowers the cost of production and maintenance compared with current standards in the field of electric cars still dependent on lithium-ion technology.
nanoFlowcell® is suitable for drive electrification in motorcycles, cars, trucks, buses and specialist vehicles.
The performance profile of nanoFlowcell® shows that the test phase of electric mobility and its multifaceted approaches can now be wrapped up – future-proof plans for electric mobility are now possible for the first time. Electric vehicles driven by nanoFlowcell® present industry and consumers with a true alternative across the board to vehicles with internal combustion engines and electric vehicles with conventional lithium-ion technology.
The benefits of nanoFlowcell® technology for the automotive industry:
- zero CO2, no emissions that are harmful to health or the environment
- no thermal collapse; electrolytes are neither explosive nor flammable, nor are they harmful to health or the environment; minimal structural safety requirements for cells and bi-ION tanks
- unrestricted design flexibility as there are no bulky battery packs or rigid fuel-cell architecture
- high system stability and maintenance-friendly technology with virtually no moving parts
- long lifecycle for cell and cell membrane; virtually unlimited shelf life for electrolyte liquids (diesel and petrol bugs)
- virtually no self-discharge and immune to deep discharge (with bi-ION, this means the tank’s empty)
- lower weight and cost than drives with a lithium-ion battery or internal combustion engine
- user-friendly energy (no cumbersome and lengthy battery charging, just quick refuelling at a familiar fuel pump)