There is a hugely diverse range of equipment and devices dependent upon the provision of mobile electricity. Most use primary or secondary batteries or even diesel-powered generators to provide an electricity supply to mobile applications. The spectrum ranges from construction machinery, pumping equipment for wells, mobile lighting systems for road and building construction and mobile cooling systems right through to telecommunication installations and mobile weather stations.
The downsides of primary and secondary batteries are lifecycle, weight, gassing, self-discharging and thermal instability. Diesel-powered generators burden the environment with noise and large quantities of emissions. To-date there has been no choice but to accept these downsides as a compromise. nanoFlowcell® offers a powerful and economical alternative to primary and secondary battery systems and diesel- or petrol-powered electricity generators for applications dependent on mobile energy.
The most important attributes of nanoFlowcell® in this context are its reliability and low maintenance requirements (virtually no moving parts), that it’s harmless for health and the environment as well as safe to use and cost-efficient.
The benefits of nanoFlowcell® technology as a mobile energy supply:
- scalable in size (capacity)
- long lifecycle, reliable and easy to maintain
- the cell can be stored almost infinitely without loss of power
- bi-ION electrolytes have a virtually unlimited shelf life are neither explosive nor flammable and non-toxic
- high system stability and operational safety; not susceptible to thermal runaway
- zero emissions and noiseless (no negative impact on flora and fauna)
- “Charging” the nanoFlowcell is through emptying and refilling the bi-ION electrolyte liquid
- no transport restriction (by road, rail, water or air)