nanoFlowcell® can be flexibly integrated into a domestic electricity infrastructure – be it as a supplementary energy provider in a hybrid solution or as a standalone solution to cover a household’s electricity needs.
Homes or communities that are not connected to the public grid and do not have access to natural energy sources like sun and wind will see nanoFlowcell® technology as an environmentally friendly and reliable alternative to oil and diesel engines or block-type thermal power stations. The benefit of bi-ION is that it’s easy to store in tanks without losing its energy content. The electrolytes are refilled by a fuel tanker as is currently the case for oil or diesel fuel.
Solar or wind-power installations can be secured with nanoFlowcell® to guarantee uninterrupted energy supply when domestic demand exceeds the capacity of the local solar or wind-power facility during peak times. Even in the most remote regions, nanoFlowcell® technology can provide electricity for things like computers, air conditioning, cooling systems, communication devices or dairy equipment.
nanoFlowcell® is also particularly useful as a redundant power source wherever critical infrastructure elements must be protected in the event of a power cut.
The benefits of nanoFlowcell® technology in stationary electricity supply are:
- no emissions that are harmful to health or the environment, no noise of the type generated by internal combustion engines
- scalable power
- high system stability, low maintenance, long lifecycle
- bi-ION electrolyte liquids are easy to store, have an almost unlimited shelf life, have minimal self-discharge, are neither flammable nor explosive, nor are they harmful to health or the environment
- easy to work with
- integration of stationary and (electro)mobile nanoFlowcell systems possible
- local production enables straightforward supply of bi-ION electrolyte liquid